The applicants who incline to study in CQUST for at least one year are qualified to apply for one of the following scholarships:
1. Chongqing Municipal Mayor Scholarships for Overseas Students:
Master’s Degree Program: 15, 000 to 30,000 RMB per academic year
Bachelor’s Degree Program: 10,000 to 25,000 RMB per academic year
2. CQUST President’s Scholarships for Overseas Students
Master’s Degree Program: 13, 000 to 23,000 RMB per academic year
Bachelor’s Degree Program: 5,000 to 13,000 RMB per academic year
Evaluation Guideline for Overseas Students who apply for Scholarship
Aspects to evaluate
Particularities of each category
Department and staff evaluation
Respect the law and regulations of China, Respect regulations settled by school
According to the China’s laws and regulations is prohibited the following actions: excessive drinking behavior, to start a quarrel or to cause trouble, gambling, and any others’ settled regulations of the school.
Students department, Security Issues Office, International Relations Office, students in the school
Less than 9
Respect the dormitories’ administrative rules and staff
Obey the rules and the staff who manage the dormitories, do not break the electricity service’s regulation. Respect the work and rest time in dormitories, do not come back to dormitories late or avoid arriving until opening time. Keep dormitories’ hygiene.
Less than 6
International Relations Office, Administrative Personal of foreign student’s apartments Tutors in the school
Respect the classroom and class’ attendance
Abstain from being absent from class more than five times or being late more than eight times.
Less than 9
Professors (at least four professor will score on average)
Keeping good behavior inside the classroom, study very hard, homework.
Less than 12
Professors (and another four professor will score on average)
Having steady improvement in note taking, good exam’ scores.
Less than 22
Participation in different activities
Participate in different events organized by the school or extern institutions.
For example: Chinese Contest for foreigners, Cultural events or competitions, Sports Meeting, Academic opening or closing ceremony, etc.
Less than 6
Academic Affairs Department, International Relations Office, Tutors who assist in the development of every event.
1. All the scholarship applicants should be registered at least for one academic year and have paid the tuition and accommodation fees, insurance and all the correspondence living services.
2. The students who are awarded with the Chongqing Mayor Scholarship and the students who are awarded with the first and second level of Chongqing University of Science and Technology Overseas Students President Scholarship must live in the Foreign Students´ Apartments.
3. The students who are awarded with the scholarship will be required to assist the International Relations Office when the situation requires it.
Please complete the application form and print a hard copy, and submit to the follow address.
Contact person: Fang Kangli
International College, Chongqing University of Science and Technology, University Town, Chongqing, China